Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 3

Still tired from the move.* The doctor says to enjoy it while it lasts. At today's check-up, Stokes weighed in at 8 pounds 10 ounces, which is pretty good. It can take up to two weeks for a newborn to regain its birthweight. Stokely is a pro at the nursing. Here's a little head to head comparison of the two bros.


Aside from the check-up, we introduced the dudes to some American culture with a trip to the mall. (Mow, as Boodah pronounces it.) We attempted Madagascar 2. We were successful in terms of number of shshshs's pointed in our direction. Boodah loved the I like to Move It Move It song, but wasn't too into it during the dialogue. Stokely's favorite part was the giant boob in his face. He only saw it when he wasn't sleeping.








*Steven Wright:

When I was a baby, I kept a diary. Recently, I was rereading it. It said, "Day 1 -- Still tired from the move. Day 2 -- Everybody talks to me like I'm an idiot." I was upset because on my second birthday, I went from being one to being two, and my age doubled in a year. I figured at this rate, by the time I'm six, I'll be ninety.

When I have a kid, I want to buy one of those strollers for twins. Then put the kid in and run around, looking frantic. When he gets older, I'd tell him he used to have a brother, but he didn't obey.

No comments: