Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sam's eXtreme Unalaska vacation

We are lucky to be hosting our first ever friend to visit us in Alaska! Yahoo for Sam "extreme" Schoeneman! We're trying to give her a taste of life on the islands. Of course, since it was July, we started her off with snowboarding. Here she is ripping down fakie with Dawson's men's size 12 snowboard boots (she happens to be goofy (don't we all know that) and we're regular). What form, what grace....and only about a 4 inch toe drag! She had a bit of trouble getting going, so I promptly snowboarded down to her, body checked her from below and helped to send her on her way. Sort of a bordercross race/roller derby combo. Double gnar gnar. Pardon my snowboarding lingo of which I have no idea what I'm talking about....



Here she is doing some extreme backcountry Pilates/Yoga and hanging out with Senor in the sunshine (yes, for the most part it has been 52 degrees and sunny....take that you 107 degree Missoulians!) She treated me to a little Pilates session yesterday and the current abdominal muscle soreness can only be described as, you guessed it, extreme.


But for the highlight of extreme sports, we checked out the Unalaska Skate Park and she used all of her extreme skateboarding knowledge to help Senor out on the ramps...I'm pretty sure he'll be sponsored before he's turns 1.


We know you can't stand just seeing these still photos, so for live action....here you go.





As you can tell, we're pretty busy. We have an extreme schedule to keep tomorrow (yes, I'm teaching her how to be an apprentice housewife), so we really must go now. But stay tuned for more of this weekend's adventures....

4 comments:

Brent said...

Leave it to Sam to find extreme snowboarding and, for that matter, extreme skateboarding!

Seattle Mamacita said...

sam looks amazing tell her that for me...so glad she caught up with y'all looks like some serious mountain pilates

Aileen said...

I think my abs benefitted vicariously from the mere description of that work-out. Or from the chuckling. Either way, PaxRev does make a fine skater!

Jen Thoman said...

Yeah hoo team Wilco!!
Dutch Harbor looks dreamy! I would love to escape the 100+ temps in PDX and stick my feet in that snow. You all look Great!