Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Sunday Stroll

For a large portion of the last three days, the spectacular view out our front window has looked like this:



Fortunately, it's a constant 85 degrees inside, magically, without turning on the thermostat. So Paxson Revel can hang around naked and get in touch with his Missoula hippy roots.



Happy Funny Guy:


He's part turtle when we head out in the windy cold:

For Aileen, who loves industrial remnants set against dramatic backdrops:


We walked north towards the end of Amaknak island, exploring.

Eagles were checking us out.



I've decided I'm not a "home maker" anymore....that carries too much responsibility and it's too PC. I was listening to one of my favorite Michelle Shocked songs this morning, Anchored Down in Anchorage, and it's a story about her best friend writing her a letter and the update of her life is "Kevin lost a tooth and now he's started school, I got a brand new 8 month old baby girl....I sound like a housewife, Hey Shell, I think I'm a housewife..." So, if you want to address me correctly, I'm now officially a housewife.

On other news, we took Pax Rev to the gym today. We got huge lifting the few weights that can be lifted with a baby in the Bjorn (mostly biceps, my favorite) and he took a little bouncy trip on the eliptical machine as well. Then we went across the street for his first swimming lesson. Little mermaid swimming diapers and the size 12 month swimsuit Sasha got him from the Patagonia outlet and he was looking pretty stylish. He enjoyed it....especially the fact that it's a salt water pool so there's no chlorine. And there's a big slide for when he gets a little more daring.

On the housing front, we're back to the idea of living on a boat. Does that mean my status will officially change to "boat-wife"? Dawson will be able to say, "Hello, I'm Dawson, this is my son Paxson Revel and my boat-wife, Genevieve."

Well, I better go, I've got a big day of house-wifeing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. I still battle with Blogger to post this. I guess I battle with them to do just about anything. Poor Blogger. It doesn't know how stubborn my ignorance of all things technological can be. Just so you know, I wrote quite the comment before Blogger erased it on some spontaneous whim. It was verbose and on point. Quite an accomplishment to mix those two traits. But then it disappeared. And so did my memory of the exact words. I do believe I said thank you for the examples of that uniquely Alaskan beauty. And I asked if there were bookshelves on the boat. And I said something about cartwheels of glee. And another something about PaxRev's fine fortune to grow up amidst such beauty and fine living. Those were definitely some awe-inspiring remnants. And, oh! Mountains. Mountains! I can't wait until PaxRev is old enough to describe his early years! What a fortune of stories he will have accrued!