Monday, March 26, 2007

How things change....

Cooking has always been a hobby. Recipe blogs and internet recipe databases have added new ideas and inspirations. My friend Aileen just started her blog which infuses recipes, excitement over cooking and tidbits of Bethel. We had many a dream of opening up a bakery, perhaps a soup and panini lunch restaurant or other such epicurean ideas.


Tom gave me some nice silicone star molds for Christmas last year. I made some tasty baked goods in them, but for my latest inspiration....

Yep, that's right. Strained peas and breastmilk frozen stars. Mmm....Just take a cup of frozen peas, boil 'em and strain 'em, add 1/4 cup breastmilk, pop them in the freezer and then anytime you can defrost a delicious tot-sized snack. I'm not sure it's what Tom had in mind when he picked out the molds, but as I mentioned, oh how things change.

And by the way....

They're delicious!!



1 comment:

Aileen said...

I guffawed, at work, when I read this. Seriously. A full, unabridged guffaw! I still chuckle. Thanks for the Tuesday gem that's inspiring all sorts of Wednesday levity!