Monday, January 31, 2011

Captain America Helicopter Huxley Reeve Zinn IV

Welcome to the world!

Can't help but be reminded of the Steven Wright routine:

When I was a baby, I kept a diary. Recently, I was rereading it. It said, "Day 1 -- Still tired from the move. Day 2 -- Everybody talks to me like I'm an idiot." I was upset because on my second birthday, I went from being one to being two, and my age doubled in a year. I figured at this rate, by the time I'm six, I'll be ninety.





I like this one... the Fat Albert.



Genevieve was amazing, of course. Stoic and strong. Genevieve's high pain threshold caught the nurses by surprise. La la la la la, what's your pain on a scale of 1-10, oh a 5 or 6? oh, la la la la la oh let's see we will hook up these monitors and okay let's check around here WHOA YOU ARE FULLY DILATED. After that they hustled the doctor right in.





The night before I tried get one last big belly beautiful pregnant lady shot, but the star was not into the whole paparazzi thing.



Everything went fairly fast. Three AM wake up. Building contractions until 7. Went to the hospital. Water broke at 8:30, pushing started then and out he came an hour later. We heard a lot of commentary about his blonde hair before we actually got a chance to see him. For about 45 minutes, with each push he was very close, but he would decide to go back and stay warm for a little bit longer. Who can blame him?



His stats: 8 lbs, 3 ozs. 22 inches long. 13 inch head. 9:28 AM.



The view from the birth room.



After the birth, we had to hang around the hospital for 11 hours. Fortunately we had a few visitors. Pauline and Andy stopped by with the big brothers. And Aileen and Sawyer stopped by. Thanks for the visits!






2 comments:

Auntia Nicole said...

SOOOOOOO cute! Welcome to the world Captain America! I love the fat albert pic...someone called Evan that the other day when we were out getting coffee! He's already trying to take after his older cousin! :)

Akensee4miles said...

Hooray Capn! We are so excited for the newest Wilco! Congratulations! What a beautiful baby and momma! Boppa must be so proud.