Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Year! Happy Slaviq!

Happy Slaviq! Slaviq is nice here, because we live next door to Father Jonah, the Russian Orthodox Priest. His parishoners come over to his place and sing on Slaviq, and we get to enjoy the lovely melody as it drifts through the walls. (Hopefully the parishoners don't get to enjoy our own slightly less lovely melodies.)





A couple of majorly newsworthy items. First of all, Jena, WELCOME TO ALASKA! My friend from Montana, and most recently Grangeville, is moving to Anchorage. Hooray! Hopefully she'll help convince the bears in her new domain to eat fewer cyclists and what not. She's working at the coolest place in Anchorage, the Campbell Creek area, which is basically wilderness within the city. Kind of like Central Park. Only wilder. Just ask these guys.

The other newsworthy item is that after passing on Friendster and MySpace, thanks to the pen-writing and persistence of my dear brother Matty, I now am "with it" and have joined the modern era of Facebook. I have to admit, it is fairly amazing. Seems like half the country is on that thing. Even my mom is on there.

Facebook's a little tame for me though, with all these annoying rules. How am I supposed to express myself? Is this America?

No comments: