Sunday, April 20, 2008

Goose Up!



After longingly watching the first Goose flight of the day take off without them, Boppa and Paxson finally managed to catch a ride. It was old hat for Pax, who flew on it last June. While walking back from the other side of the runway, there was an extreme walking incident that left somebody taking a mud-puddle dive. No problem, Senor slept right through it all in the backpack. Just some J-Star style puncture wounds.




Hey, we walk hard around here. Just like Dewey Cox. At any rate, here are some highlights from the trip:



Above is the dock where a lot of the Deadliest Catch boats park in the off season. You can see the Maverick if you look real close.



The giant church/gym in welcomes us to Akutan.



Mister, ever pumped back in Akutan.



I sail! I fly! I'm Super Boodah!



It's kind of hard to tell, but this is a giant cave. (The dark spot almost dead center.) It'd be cool to explore.



Not too pumped for the ride to end!

And in case you ever wanted to know what a water take-off feels like...




And back at home, Senor quickly gets back to his roots.



1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey! So great to hear from you guys. I started my blog at the urging of a friend of mine in Mekoryuk. We both have started our students blogging and so far everyone loves it and I'm amazed at what my students are writing and such. It's super fun.

Things in Oscarville are going well. The kids are doing great and it's awesome to work with them. I'm going to stay here at least another year until I'm done with my Master's program. Then, I'll probably head out and try somewhere new.

It's so cool to see how big Paxson is. What a cutie! I bet he keeps you guys busy.

Glad to hear that everything is going well. Dutch Harbor looks beautiful. Glad to see everyone is healthy and happy. Keep in touch.

Erin

P.S. Thanks for the kudos about the van. I'm pretty excited about it and am looking forward to my first road trip with it. It should be fun.